Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Scott Kelby's Photo Walk Beijing

Getting back to taking photos of landscapes after quite sometime was both fun and tiring at the same time. It was a Saturday afternoon, the closing day of the Beijing 2008 Olympics to be exact, when my friends and I were planning to do an on location shoot on one of the parks in Beijing with my friends wife as a model so I packed up my gears, not to mention the heavy tripod, a couple of light stands etc. etc. :-) and headed for my friends house to meet em, when we received a phone call inviting us to a photo walk. (Whats a photo walk?) lol..a what? that was what was on my mind, "okay, I get it, people basically walking while taking pictures" i sarcastically answered my friend. "No, its a competition put together by Scott Kelby which is basically done in major cities worldwide, where photographers would basically roam around the city taking pictures and at the end of the day photos would be submitted to the organizer of that city and Scott would choose a winner from each city represented". "Well, sounds fun I said" Everybody in?" well, they all agreed to give it a try so cutting the story short, we started at 6pm ending at 11pm, No!, we ended at 11pm cause the rest conitued taking photos until God knew when, I was too tired to continue so I convinced my freinds to get on the subway and go home! lol, well, it ended with all my friends chillin at my flat till 6am the next morning, uploaded the photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/26490121@N05/2792114620/) and received the comment that I won. Good, I said, it was both fun and tyring in many ways! As long as I get to hold my camera and point it at someone or something, then its already worth it!

Photo info: Tiananmen Square, Beijing. Nikon D3 with Nikon 17-55 f2.8 lens, Handheld at f8, 1/5sec, 48mm, ISO 1000

No comments: